IOC Begins Three-Day Visit To Sochi 2014
Less than 500 days until the start of the Sochi 2014 Winter Olympic Games, an International Olympic Committee (IOC) coordination commission headed by France's Jean-Claude Killy is in Sochi to inspect its progress in construction, transportation, accommodation and other key areas, reports the Associated Press.
The commission will tour some of the mountain venues, including the national sliding centre and ski jump, cross-country, and biathlon sites.
The IOC will hold a news conference at the end of the inspection Thursday.Write or read comments about this article
- French IOC Members Criticize Annecy 2018
- Bach: Olympic Bid Process Changes Could Be Implemented in 2014
- Ice Climbing At 2022 Winter Games Discussed
- Consultants React to Changing Olympic Bid Landscape; JTA Shifts Focus to ANOC
- Toronto Should Bid For 2028 Olympics Instead Of 2024