IOC Begins Three-Day Visit To Sochi 2014
Less than 500 days until the start of the Sochi 2014 Winter Olympic Games, an International Olympic Committee (IOC) coordination commission headed by France's Jean-Claude Killy is in Sochi to inspect its progress in construction, transportation, accommodation and other key areas, reports the Associated Press.
The commission will tour some of the mountain venues, including the national sliding centre and ski jump, cross-country, and biathlon sites.
The IOC will hold a news conference at the end of the inspection Thursday.Write or read comments about this article
- PyeongChang 2018 Shares Experiences
- IOC Chief Proposes Sweeping Olympic Bid Changes; Rules Out Bid City Visits
- London Defeats Doha to host 2017 World Athletics Championships
- France May Still Bid For 2024 Summer Games
- Kazakhstan Wants Investors To Partially Fund Almaty 2022