IOC Begins Three-Day Visit To Sochi 2014
Less than 500 days until the start of the Sochi 2014 Winter Olympic Games, an International Olympic Committee (IOC) coordination commission headed by France's Jean-Claude Killy is in Sochi to inspect its progress in construction, transportation, accommodation and other key areas, reports the Associated Press.
The commission will tour some of the mountain venues, including the national sliding centre and ski jump, cross-country, and biathlon sites.
The IOC will hold a news conference at the end of the inspection Thursday.Write or read comments about this article
- Should Queenstown Bid For 2026 Winter Olympics?
- PyeongChang 2018 Shares Experiences
- Sweden Regrets Withdrawing 2022 Winter Olympic Bid
- Peru Wants To Host 2019 Pan Am Games
- Germany To Bid For 2024 Summer Olympic Games