Sochi To Celebrate 500 Days Until 2014 Winter Games
On September 25, 500 days before the Sochi 2014 Winter Olympic Games begin, the Sochi 2014 Organizing Committee will celebrate with a large-scale celebration program.
There will be sports and music events taking place in 17 cities across Russia. The culmination of the celebration will be a national flashmob, the main participants of which are Sochi 2014 volunteers from the 26 volunteer centres representing 14 of the country's regions.
At the squares, stadiums and sports complexes of their cities more than 12,000 volunteers will participate in the construction of giant puzzles in the form of Olympic pictograms, having collected 22 stylized images of Olympic sports.Write or read comments about this article
- Singapore's Ser Miang Ng Declares Candidacy for IOC Presidency
- BidIndex: Istanbul, Tokyo Lead 2020 Olympic Bid in Volatile Race
- Third Airport Boosts Istanbul 2020 Bid
- Has Enough Been Done To Promote Wrestling's Inclusion In 2020 Olympics?
- Tokyo 2020 Edits Olympic Bid Storyline