IOC Begins Third Inspection Of Rio 2016
The International Olympic Committee (IOC) Coordination Commission, began its third full inspection visit Monday of Rio 2016. The Commission will spend three days in the city hearing updates on the advancement of Planning for the Games, and will visit some of the Olympic-related projects now underway.
The Rio 2016 Organising Committee and its local partners will update the Commission on the progress being made in several areas of Games preparations, including the athlete and National Olympic Committee services, sport and International Federation services, the Paralympic Games, marketing, and venues.
The Commission will also see a few of the venue and infrastructure projects going on in the city that will help serve the needs of the athletes and spectators in 2016.
The Rio 2016 Summer Olympic Games take place August 5 to August 21, 2016. There will be 28 sports on the program.Write or read comments about this article
- Norway's Parliament Lists Demands to IOC If Oslo 2022 Bid Is Approved
- French IOC Members Criticize Annecy 2018
- Draft Commission Report Says Boston 2024 Bid Could Face Challenges
- Los Angeles Steps Up For 2024 Summer Games Bid
- Beijing To Tackle Environmental Problems For 2022 Winter Olympic Bid