IOC Begins Third Inspection Of Rio 2016
The International Olympic Committee (IOC) Coordination Commission, began its third full inspection visit Monday of Rio 2016. The Commission will spend three days in the city hearing updates on the advancement of Planning for the Games, and will visit some of the Olympic-related projects now underway.
The Rio 2016 Organising Committee and its local partners will update the Commission on the progress being made in several areas of Games preparations, including the athlete and National Olympic Committee services, sport and International Federation services, the Paralympic Games, marketing, and venues.
The Commission will also see a few of the venue and infrastructure projects going on in the city that will help serve the needs of the athletes and spectators in 2016.
The Rio 2016 Summer Olympic Games take place August 5 to August 21, 2016. There will be 28 sports on the program.Write or read comments about this article
- PyeongChang 2018 Shares Experiences
- Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games Car Free – Delegate Impressed With Bid
- FILA Aims to Consolidate Wrestling Message With New International Ad Campaign
- San Diego Submits 2024 Summer Games Bid Proposal
- Ukraine's Lviv 2022 Olympic Bid Put "On Hold" Pending Meeting With IOC