London 2012 Resale Ticket Site Still Offline
The London 2012 website for ticket resales was still offline Monday. The site was suspended Friday afternoon due to problems arising after tens of thousands of people went online to purchase unwanted tickets for the London Games.
A spokesman for London 2012 said, "we asked Ticketmaster to suspend the site and address several issues". He said one of the main problems appeared to be a delay in updating the site once tickets had been sold.
The spokesman added, "we are working to get the site up and running as soon as possible".
Meanwhile a spokesman for Ticketmaster said he didn't have the full details as to why the site was taken offline.
The ticket resale site was to be available until February 3, but it's not clear if the deadline will be extended following the site's suspension Friday.Write or read comments about this article
- Oswald Fifth Candidate For IOC President
- Mario and Sonic To Compete At Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games Under Nintendo Flag
- Istanbul 2020 Pledges To ONOC
- Richard Carrion Announces His Candidacy For IOC President
- GB2M Podcast Ep. 5 - Exclusive Interview with Sochi 2014 Olympic Organizing Committee President Dmitry Chernyshenko (Part 2)