Lima Submits Bid For 2019 Pan Am Games
The Peruvian Olympic Committee (COP) and government authorities announced they have officially submitted a bid from Lima for the 2019 Pan American Games.
COP President Jose Quinones said, while submitting the bid, that Lima is a welcoming city full of cultural diversity, great cuisine and rich heritage, reports Andina.
He was accompanied by Deputy Education Minister Martin Vegas, Ministry of Foreign Trade and Tourism official Maria Soledad Acosta, Congresswoman Cenaida Uribe, and International Olympic Committee (IOC) member Ivan Dibos.
Lima is competing against La Punt Argentina, Santiago Chile, and Puerto Ordaz Venezuela.
Toronto will be hosting the 2015 Pan American Games.
- USOC To Meet With Four Bid Cities
- PyeongChang 2018 Shares Experiences
- Oslo 2022 Gets Support From Norway's Influential Organizations
- FILA Aims to Consolidate Wrestling Message With New International Ad Campaign
- London Defeats Doha to host 2017 World Athletics Championships