Venezuela To Bid For 2019 Pan American Games
Sports Minister Hector Rodriguez Castro led a Venezuelan delegation to Mexico Tuesday to formally inform the Pan American Organization PASO that it is bidding to host the 2019 Pan American Games.
The Venezuelan delegation was received in Mexico City by PASO's president, Mario Vasquez Rana.
Castro said "the intention of the Government has been projected to Venezuela as a sports power directing his plans to strengthen the structure for mass elite athletes. The proposal is the result of a collective effort of (different) levels of government to turn our country into an international marketplace event", adding that they want to turn Puerto Ordaz into the Olympic city of Venezuela.
Vasquez called it "an honour and a pleasure" that the Venezuelan city of Puerto Ordaz is the second candidate in the running to host the 2019 Pan Am Games, "and a great alternative that meets all the terms and rules of Article VXIII Pan American Games".Write or read comments about this article
- Istanbul 2020 Plays Role In Youth Day Celebrations
- Sochi 2014 Medals Presented At SportAccord
- New Wrestling Rules To Save Olympic Wrestling
- Ser Miang Ng Wants Games in Africa, Member Visits to Bid Cities Reviewed
- London Believes Istanbul Leading 2020 Olympic Bid Race