Hambantota 2018 Bid Praised By CGF European Delegation
Hambantota's bid for the 2018 Commonwealth Games received positive comments from the European delegation of the Commonwealth Games Federation (CGF) that ended a three-day visit ahead of the vote to decide where the 2018 Commonwealth Games will be held.
The delegates praised the Athletes' Village, the compact world class facilities, the organization and friendliness of the Sri Lankan people, and the legacy of the Games as a catalyst for development.
Sri Lanka's Sports Minister and Co-Chairman of Hambantota 2018, Hon. Mahindananda Aluthgamage welcomed the remarks saying "I am very pleased the delegation recognizes the excellent potential of the city to host such an event".
The host city for the 2018 Commonwealth Games will be announced at the CGF general assembly in St. Kitts & Nevis on November 11, 2011.Write or read comments about this article
- French IOC Members Criticize Annecy 2018
- United States To Bid For 2024 Summer Olympic Games
- Six 2022 Olympic Bid Cities Gain Insight At IOC Seminar
- BidIndex: Tokyo Leads; Race Tightens as 2020 Olympic Bid Enters Final Week
- Toronto Should Bid For 2028 Olympics Instead Of 2024