Hambantota 2018 Bid Praised By CGF European Delegation
Hambantota's bid for the 2018 Commonwealth Games received positive comments from the European delegation of the Commonwealth Games Federation (CGF) that ended a three-day visit ahead of the vote to decide where the 2018 Commonwealth Games will be held.
The delegates praised the Athletes' Village, the compact world class facilities, the organization and friendliness of the Sri Lankan people, and the legacy of the Games as a catalyst for development.
Sri Lanka's Sports Minister and Co-Chairman of Hambantota 2018, Hon. Mahindananda Aluthgamage welcomed the remarks saying "I am very pleased the delegation recognizes the excellent potential of the city to host such an event".
The host city for the 2018 Commonwealth Games will be announced at the CGF general assembly in St. Kitts & Nevis on November 11, 2011.Write or read comments about this article
- PyeongChang 2018 Shares Experiences
- USOC To Meet With Four Bid Cities
- Vancouver 2010 Chooses Ilanaaq For Official Emblem
- London Defeats Doha to host 2017 World Athletics Championships
- Almaty 2022 Olympic Winter Games Will be Compact, Efficient: IOC Application