Sri Lanka Hires Public Relations Firm For 2018 Commonwealth Bid
Sri Lanka issued a statement saying it has hired a public relations firm to advise in its bid to host the 2018 Commonwealth Games in southern Hambantota.
The public relations firm of Bell Pottinger and other units of Chime Communications marketing group will act as advisers to Sri Lanka's bid.
Central Bank Governor Ajith Cabraal said in the statement, "the appointment of this advisory team reinforces how important the 2018 bid is to Sri Lanka".
Cabraal heads a government organizing committee for the country's 2018 bid.
The team includes Populous, (formerly HOK Sport) a sports architect and major event specialist now working on the Sochi 2014 Games and is the official architectural and overlay design services provider to the London 2012 Summer Olympic Games.Write or read comments about this article
- French IOC Members Criticize Annecy 2018
- Norway's Parliament Lists Demands to IOC If Oslo 2022 Bid Is Approved
- Draft Commission Report Says Boston 2024 Bid Could Face Challenges
- Los Angeles Steps Up For 2024 Summer Games Bid
- Government Approves Slovakia Budget For 2022 Winter Olympic Bid