Sri Lanka Hires Public Relations Firm For 2018 Commonwealth Bid
Sri Lanka issued a statement saying it has hired a public relations firm to advise in its bid to host the 2018 Commonwealth Games in southern Hambantota.
The public relations firm of Bell Pottinger and other units of Chime Communications marketing group will act as advisers to Sri Lanka's bid.
Central Bank Governor Ajith Cabraal said in the statement, "the appointment of this advisory team reinforces how important the 2018 bid is to Sri Lanka".
Cabraal heads a government organizing committee for the country's 2018 bid.
The team includes Populous, (formerly HOK Sport) a sports architect and major event specialist now working on the Sochi 2014 Games and is the official architectural and overlay design services provider to the London 2012 Summer Olympic Games.Write or read comments about this article
- IOC Praises PyeongChang 2018 Following Inspection
- Glasgow 2018 Will Help Youths Realize Their Dreams
- Madrid 2020 Makes Presentation At ANOC
- Tokyo 2020 Guarantees Superb Games
- Anti-Government Protests To "Strengthen" Istanbul's Olympic Bid